– If we maintain resistance only with our own forces it would lead to many victims, to large-scale losses. In this conflict in Crimea it is essential for us to get support from the international community.
– As the days go by it is getting harder to restrain the fellow Crimean Tatars from being involved in the conflict.
– We fear that the Crimean Tatars will suffer from this occupation regime the most.
– The Crimean Tatars are the indigenous people of Crimea, which is an integral part of Ukraine.
– Tatarstan is offering its help to the Crimean Tatars. For some reason, it was not offered before the occupation of Crimea by the Russian troops.
– Ukraine has never had a coherent policy with respect to Crimea and the Crimean Tatars. The government of Ukraine remembers the Crimean Tatars when there is a separatist threat from the pro-Russian forces in Crimea.
– Extension of the stay of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet in Crimea is the crime of treason against the State; it is a betrayal of national interests.
– Turkey is ready to support economically and diplomatically, but will not take a military action.
– The local government of the Crimea consists of Kremlin puppets. They do not take decisions and always consult with Moscow.
Proofreader: Nataliya Gladkova